Friday 13 February 2015

OUR TOP BEAUTY PICKS


Since starting university, we have quickly become beauty enthusiasts. Whether it's new make up releases or beauty tutorials, we are obsessed! Today we’re sharing with you our current favourite beauty obsessions.

  

Whenever I find myself late in the morning and don’t have much time to spend on my make up, I will concentrate of three features on my face: brows, eyelashes and lips.  As long as I have mascara and a bit colour on my lips I feel ready for the day ahead.

When it comes to mascaras throughout my years of wearing make up I have tried a lot, but out of all the mascaras I have tried YSL baby doll and Tarte lights camera lashes have become my all time favourites. Both mascaras give the illusion of long feathered eyelashes. 

A lip colour I am loving during these winter months is Rimmel lasting finish by Kate lipstick in the shade Rossetto. I mix it with a nude lip colour from Topshop to create a more subtle look for daytime.

Urban Decay is one of my favourite beauty brands; ever since receiving the Naked 3 pallet I am obsessed! I very rarely use any other eye shadows as I feel that all I need is in the pallet. I even use ‘Darkside’ as a brow shadow as it is the perfect colour to match my hair. The colours in the Naked 3 pallets are very pigmented, blend easily and last a long time without creasing.

I am also in love with Urban Decay’s blush pallet: the colours compliment my skin tone and the products blend perfectly for a natural blush.


Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow, (slightly battered!) Collection Concealer and Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

Liz Earle: Cleanse and Polish
This plant-based cleanser has been my go-to for removing my make-up for years now (thanks to my mum for sourcing the brand in its infancy!) and I have no intention of ever changing it! The products creamy consistency is kind to my skin, doesn't include harsh or nasty chemicals and it leaves my face feeling as soft as, well, you know how the saying goes! With the starter kit (including the 100ml pump bottle and a muslin cloth) costing £15.50, it's not the cheapest cleanser on the market, but if you're looking for a more natural skincare product to include in your routine, this Liz Earle cleanser is definitely worth it.

Collection: Lasting Perfection Concealer 
This cover-up is my all-time favourite. I gave in to the hype a few years ago when everyone and his dog seemed to be raving about it, and I haven't looked back since - I've repurchased it so many times! Since I suffer from areas of redness on my face and discolouration beneath my eyes, this product is perfect for covering these unwanted areas of colour right up along with those pesky spots, and more importantly, it stays put.  Priced at £4.19, this cover-up is a no-brainer for me, as something that really works and doesn't irritate my skin, too.

Maybelline: Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in 'On and On Bronze'
This cream gel eyeshadow from Maybelline is my definite favourite when I don't have a lot of time in the mornings, but still want some colour on my lids. The formulation is buttery and so easy to blend, a smoky eye look is easily attainable in seconds. The product claims to last for 24 hours, and although maybe it'd struggle to last that long (on my unprimed eyelids, that is) it gives a damn good go! The pigmentation of the eyeshadow is brilliant too - you can apply just one coat all over the lid for a gorgeous shimmery glow (the bronze colour matches well with my brown eyes) or can build it up for a more glam evening look, using more in the crease of the eyelid for a more smoky effect. Priced at £4.99, I'm struggling to find reasons why I haven't bought the whole range!


What are your beauty favourites at the moment? Do you have a product that you've used for years? Let us know your faves on twitter @eleven0hseven!

S & K  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment