Tuesday 27 September 2016

Favourite Boxsets for a Rainy Day

Hi all!

Autumn has definitely arrived here in Wales, with non-stop rain and the cold starting to creep up on us. Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year but sometimes there's nothing more you want to do when it's pouring outside than to cosy up with a duvet and pop on some well-loved TV shows. I know I'm not the only one!
Here are some of my favourite boxsets that I find perfect for rainy-day viewing.


Friends

I mean, this one's a no-brainer! I've never met anyone who doesn't love this show, and it always manages to perk me up regardless of how many times I've seen the episodes. Not only are the episodes hilarious and have the best cameos, but the characters super relatable. We all know a Pheobe, right?!


Gilmore Girls

As previously mentioned on our Summer Favourites post, I've been super obsessed with this show since the whole 7 seasons appeared on Netflix over the summer. It re-introduced me to a show I used to watch after school and now I don't know how I went so long without watching Lorelai & Rory's hilarious lives and sarcastic comments.


Gossip Girl

Again, this is probably a no-brainer for many of you reading this! This show started when I was a teenager so I was 100% hooked from the beginning, but can re-watch the episodes and not get bored. The lavish lifestyles, the Upper-East-siders' wardrobes, the Humphreys' Brooklyn loft: it's such a different world from many that you can easily get sucked in and binge watch!


Gavin & Stacey

This may not be such a popular choice for some of you, and maybe some haven't heard of it, but this show never fails to make me laugh. It also helps that it's filmed in South Wales, so it's super relatable and I've grown up visiting the places it's been filmed. One of my favourite scenes will always be James Corden and Sheridan Smith rapping to Estelle's American Boy.
 

PLL 

This show is definitely my guilty pleasure. I got hooked from the influence of S and another housemate from Uni who were serious fans of the show from the beginning, which I'm both grateful and maybe not-so-grateful for because I'm now so invested that I can't stop watching! I mean, will we ever find out who A is?!



What are your go-to tv shows to watch on rainy, dull days?
I hope I haven't inspired whole-series binges with this post, but I'm now off to grab a cuppa and get some more Gilmore Girls on the go...

Happy watching!

K  xo

Twitter  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest  //  Bloglovin'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment