Wednesday 26 October 2016

MINI SEPHORA HAUL

Hi everyone!


Another beauty-based post for you today, but I couldn't wait to share my #feelingspendy purchases with you! I recently went on holiday to Canada (which by the way, is SO beautiful in Autumn) and couldn't resist a visit to the beauty motherland that is Sephora. Considering we don't have this store in the UK, I think I was pretty restrained in my purchases: read on to see what I decided on!



Kat Von D: Ink Liner in Trooper

The hype surrounding this brand is incredible: I've been lusting over the liners (and more recently, the liquid lipsticks) for ages now thanks to beauty bloggers and YouTubers alike. I had my heart set on the classic Tattoo Liner but since the Sephora I visited were out of stock, I tried out the Ink Liner range instead. This liner has a felt-tip-like end that is so fine I just knew I'd want to try it there and then. The Ink liner is also waterproof and I can really say it stays on as the swatch on my hand was still there the next day! I really had to scrub it to get it off! As for on the eyes, it has a little less staying power but definitely lasts me all day, is super super pigmented and the point of the felt tip is so precise!  As I mentioned above, I was hoping to get a liquid lip (or 4) but again with this brand being as popular as it is, the shades I was after had all sold out. But alas, Kat Von D is now available to buy in the UK in Debenhams (and here's me thinking that I was coming home with products I couldn't get in the UK...) so hopefully I'll be able to get my mitts on the Lolita and Double Dare in the liquid lip range!



CLEAN: Rollerball Perfume in Skin

Having a perfume in rollerball form is perfect not only for travelling but also being on-the-go, you can just pop it in your handbag as it's tiny and light. Sephora had a great selection of these on offer and after trying multiple scents, I decided on this one by CLEAN. I'd never heard of the brand before but looking into it, CLEAN is one of the world's first 'conscious' perfume brands which I really admire. I loved this subtle scent so much (it includes two of my favourite smells: vanilla and amber wood) I couldn't not get it! And being an Au de Parfum, it really does last throughout the day, too, unlike most of my other big bottles of perfume.



Make Up For Ever: Ultra HD Concealer in Y23 and Y31

Finding the perfect concealer for me is a huge struggle. I always end up buying ones that match my skin tone when swatching in the store, only to find that when worn over or under my foundation they oxidise, turning muddy or orange-y. Not a good look, I think you'll agree. I'd heard great things about this concealer, and the Ultra HD range in general so knew I'd have to try it out to see for myself. This range offers so many shades with both colour correction and concealing properties. After swatching some shades in the store, I ended up purchasing concealers Y23 and Y31, mainly for the fact that my skin tone becomes a lot paler in the winter and don't want the wrong colour! I've used both of these and love them so far, and am using the lighter shade (Y23) as an illuminator of-sorts for under my eyes and it works so well. Another pro to this little concealer (it's a really tiny bottle for the price, I'll have to admit) is due to it's squeezy tube, you'll be able to get every little bit out.



Smashbox: Bronze Lights in Warm Matte

Winter is well on its way, and with that comes a paler complexion and the need for a little bronzer to add some glow to my face. I've heard great things about this bronzer online and not being able to buy it in my local Boots, I thought I'd see what I thought of it. The main draw to this bronzer for me is that it has a matte finish. As I have combination/oily skin, bronzers or contour colours with shimmer (whilst absolutely gorgeous) do not work for me - they just make me look greasy! The colour of this product is absolutely gorgeous as it gives me a really subtle glow that looks completely natural, just what I was looking for! Finding a bronzer that isn't too heavy means that I can wear it day-to-day which is just perfect.





So there it is - my mini Sephora haul! Do you have any of these products? What are your thoughts?
I think I can speak for S and myself that we really wish Sephora would just open in the UK already! Although that may not be so great for our bank balances...

See you Sunday

K  xo

Twitter  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest  //  Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment