Sunday 29 November 2015

MINI HAUL: H&M, ASOS & RENATE

Happy Sunday!
Today's post is a little retail update: Uni stress often ends in online and window shopping, and this little collection of beauty, accessory and fashion bits is K's mini haul from the past month or so - read on to see what she got!



ASOS

I think I can speak for both of us when I say that ASOS is a go-to when we're looking for some retail therapy. With so many products and brands to choose from, we can easily spend ages on the site. Plus, student discount doesn't hurt either! I managed to control my spendy ways and only purchased a few bits - including some things I'd been wanting to get for a while.


I've been wanting to get my hands on one of the Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate nude collection lipsticks ever since they were released back in the summer and saw everyone raving about them. I was torn between either shade 43 or 45, but chose the latter due to the more pink-toned base. The formulation is moisturising on the lips and lasts well, although it will need topping up throughout the day.


I know I'm a little late to the fluffy pom-pom charm trend, but I couldn't not get this when I saw it! I've been needing a new charm for my keys as I'm constantly losing them in my Mary Poppins-esque bag so I thought this Skinny Dip fluffy charm would be perfect! It's a little larger than I expected, but I love it! I use it both on my keys or my bag depending on what I'm wearing.


I've heard great things about Elegant Touch press-on nails, and have been wanting to try out some for a while now, so took the plunge and purchased them. I got these ones in a dark purple/navy colour, and they're matte, which I love. I'm yet to try them, but will keep you updated on how I find them! 


H&M

This week, H&M opened their new store (which is now the largest in the UK!) in Cardiff St David's 2 with a launch event and 20% off everything, so we couldn't resist popping in. Now housing the brand's new beauty line and homeware, we picked up a few pieces each: look out for S' buys in a post soon. Also, how great are the bags they used for the launch?!

Since I'm a self-confessed jumper obsessive, I couldn't leave this rib-knit one. It's super oversized and comfy - perfect for winter days. It has a zip on one side too which adds a little detail to the generally baggy look.


We've heard so many good things about H&M's beauty launch from the autumn, and were so happy to hear it would be stocked in Cardiff! I had a quick browse of the beauty area of the store, but will be back to have more of a look when it's less busy! I picked up this powder blusher in Golden Peach after swatching it - it's a beautiful light pink with a slight glittery sheen. It's not super bold, but is buildable, but with a shimmery blush like this, I think that 'less is more'.


RENATE
Local boutique Renate (in Morgan Arcade, Cardiff) celebrated their first birthday this week with a lovely event (thank you for inviting us!) and a chance to shop with 20% off everything. With brands including Just Female, Minimum and gorgeous jewellery brand From St Xavier, it was hard not to want to buy everything!


My student budget allowed a small purchase and I couldn't resist trying something from newly-stocked Herbivore Botanicals, an ethical and organic beauty brand. This blood orange lip butter smells absolutely gorgeous, using only natural oils and made with Shea butter that keeps your lips soft and moisturised for hours. Will definitely be looking to get something else from this brand sometime soon - it's well worth the price tag!


Does anyone else shop when they're feeling stressed? Please tell us we're not the only ones!
Check back tomorrow for our Month on Instagram for November, and then we're into December! We can't wait for a well-deserved break at home and getting into the Christmas spirit.

S & K  xo

Twitter  //  Instagram  //  Pinterest  //  Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment