Friday 20 March 2015

SAY GOODBYE TO THE FRIZZ!

Being a long-time sufferer of frizzy hair (especially after rain, during humid weather, or just the elements in general), K wanted to share her top three frizz-reducing haircare products that she's tried and tested. And guess what? They actually work! Read on and say goodbye to that frizz.

K likes to use more natural products on her hair, especially after colouring and all the above are SLS-free

1. Aveda brilliant Spray-On Shine (100ml): £18
Having previously used the Emollient Finishing Gloss from Aveda's 'brilliant' range, I knew that this product would be of the same great quality and do wonders for my hair (and last forever too, with the gloss lasting at least a year using it a few times a week). Using Vitamin E, this product advertises to give an instant shine boost to the hair, as well as taming flyaways and keeping frizz on the D.L.
After using the product for the first time, I realised I'd gone a little crazy and sprayed too much, resulting in the ends of my hair looking greasy. You only need around two sprays for the product to do the job, and now I've started to spray the product onto my hands and then run through hair which works a lot better. Using it after blow-drying my hair really tames the frizz that often occurs and I find that it makes my hair feel super smooth, give that little extra shine and smell amazing!


2. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil - Heat/UV Protective Primer (250ml): £19
I purchased this product after hearing glowing reviews from bloggers, including Lo Bosworth, and with S being an advocate for the brand's Surf Spray (she loves the stuff), I thought I'd give it a go. Not only does this product smell gorgeous, it makes my hair feel so soft and look it, too, which is a problem I've had in the past with frizz-taming products, especially with coloured hair.
Being a heat protective product, I've found this primer works better on wet hair, and even with leaving my hair dry naturally, it kills the frizz completely and allows me to easily brush my hair after washing it, leaving it ready to style. Again, I use a few sprays on my hands to run through my hair, and with an extra spritz on the ends of my locks, I'm good to go! Bumble and Bumble may be seen as an expensive brand, but I assure you this product is definitely worth the money, and I'll be trying out other products from the Invisible Oil range, especially with them being sulfate-free.


3. Liz Earle Botanical Shine Treatment for Frizzy, Coarse or Very Dry Hair (150ml): £14
Sadly, Liz Earle have recently stopped selling this product (to my disappointment, I seriously love this stuff), but just in case your local Liz stockists may have a few left, I thought I'd include this in my top three products. I use this treatment as exactly that, a treat for my hair once a week or so, as otherwise I'd be using it up so quickly! Boasting the natural ingredients of algae, apple, orange and cotton extracts, the product is advertised to be used on frizzy, dry or coarse hair - perfect for us frizzy-haired girls! I use the treatment after shampoo in the shower instead of a conditioner, and leave the citrus-smelling product in for around 20-30 minutes and let it do its work! After washing the product out, you can already feel the difference, leaving hair easy to brush through and when combined with the B&B primer, super smooth even during hair-drying. I'd highly recommend this product to anyone who has hair similar to mine, being frizzy and rather thick too, it works wonders on it. I can't wait to try out the new and improved Nourishing Hair Oil too, with the old one being discontinued a few months ago.


Let us know in the comments below if you use these products or have any recommendations for frizzy hair!

We hope you have a lovely weekend; ours is going to be exciting with us having early birthday celebrations for K! Make sure to check out our Instagram for photos!

K  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment